MSU Operations Staff 2018/19
Maynooth Students Union (MSU) is the representative body for all students of Maynooth University and St Patrick's College Maynooth. MSU provides a platform for the delivery of services and activities of the Students’ Union and Maynooth University Clubs and Societies.
Operations Support Staff are key to the efficient running and delivery of Maynooth Students’ Union Services to our students. Support staff are required for the following service operations between Sept 2018 to May 2019 (the organisation will provide you with hours during term time weeks, these hours may vary week to week).
- MSU Londis Shop
- Londis Shop is a busy and dynamic environment. We need people who are friendly, hardworking and flexible to join the Shop Manager and staff in delivering a great service to the campus population.
- MSU Information Centre
- The central information point for the students’ union this is the first point of contact and we need people who are willing to help, get involved and support all the running needs of this busy office and its services to join our operations support team.
- MSU Events
- We need people to be involved with the day-to-day running of MSU events. This is an ideal opportunity to get hands on experience working within the events industry. We are looking for punctual and innovative individuals to help market our events across the campus. Logistics is paramount to delivering events on time, flexibility is essential.
- MSU Creative
- The MSU Creative Team is a great place to build your portfolio, work with a busy team and gain valuable experience.From on campus activities and graphic/digital campaigns through to event photography/videography and writing for our websites. We are looking for reliable and skilled individuals to work with us on graphics and digital content.
- Customer Services delivery across all operations
- Student Services – Printing, binding, Leap card, Clothing and other services support
- Retail assistant – Till sales, cash handling, merchandising, delivery intake, facilities maintenance support.
- Creative Work - Work alongside MSU Officers andstaff to demonstrate a level of skill and ability to execute and deliver work to an agreed brief
- Support the Maintaining/management of meeting rooms and storage facilities
- General office administration supports, mentoring support, campaign support and delivery.
- Event organisations, setup, running and delivery, stewarding, artist liaison, and clean-up
- Event postering, facility booking, equipment storage and maintenance
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the MSU Management
- Available to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Strong Customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literate.
- Willingness to learn and bring ideas.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Team Player, flexible work ethic.
- Must have minimum blocks of 3hrs available on any given day (Mon to Fri), have a good knowledge of MU Campus and its environs.
Specific MSU Creative Team Role Requirements:
- Interest and demonstrable expertise in illustration/Design/Video/Photography/Blogging/Writing.
- Experience of industry standard software (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro etc.)
Application Forms must be completed and returned by closing Date 5pm Friday 31st Aug 2018.