MSU Elections Nov 2017
MSU Science & engineering faculty convenor by-ELECTION
Maynooth Students' Union (MSU) will also be holding a by-election election on Monday 20th November to fill the vacant S&E Faculty Convenor position. This Convenor plays a very important role in the democracy of your Students' Union, so it's important that all Science & Engineering students vote.
--------------- Nominations for the position of SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FACULTY CONVENOR ---------------
Elected by Science & Engineering Faculty students.
Represent the needs and views of Science & Engineering students on MSU Executive.
MSU EXECUTIVE BY ELECTION (NOVEMBER 2017)
The position of Science & Engineering Faculty Convenor which was filled in the Elections that took place in the last Academic Year has since been vacated. Maynooth Students' Union (MSU) would like to thank Mark for his hard work in this position.
MSU will be holding a By Election on Monday 20th November to fill this vacancy and are seeking motivated and dedicated candidates.
The S&E Faculty Convenor will sit on the MSU Executive alongside the MSU President, Vice President for Education, Vice President for Welfare and Equality, Vice President for Clubs, Societies and Student Engagement, Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy Faculty Convenor, Social Sciences Faculty Convenor, Oifigeach na Gaeilge agus Gnóthaí Cultúrtha (Irish Language and Cultural Affairs Officer), Events & Promotions Officer and Postgraduate Representative.
Subject to Student Senate, the Executive shall be responsible for the day to day running of the Union in addition to each officer’s own portfolio.
In addition to Senate the Faculty Convenor also sits on the following committees:
- MSU Student Academic Council
- MSU Student Senate
- MSU Science & Engineering Faculty Council (Chairperson)
- Maynooth University Science & Engineering Faculty
The Faculty Convenor plays a very important role in the democracy of your Students' Union.
Call for Nominations for the position of SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FACULTY CONVENOR
As per Article 9.7 of the MSU Constitution the The Science and Engineering Faculty Convenor shall:
9.7.1. Be directly elected by members of the Union in the faculty of Science and Engineering.
9.7.2. Be a student in the faculty of Science and Engineering during their term of office.
9.7.3. Liaise with the Executive on matters relating to students of the faculty of Science and Engineering.
9.7.4. Convene and chair three meetings of the Science and Engineering Faculty Council per semester and report to the Academic Rep Council on the findings and deliberations of the meeting.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- You will need to fill out and submit the Nomination Form to apply as a candidate for this position.
- You can download the Form here or you can pick up one from the MSU Info Centre in the SU Building.
- You then need to complete and submit the Form as detailed.
- You need to be a student in the Faculty of Science and Engineering to be eligible to apply.
- Nomination Form must be submitted before Close of Nominations- Friday November 10th, 12 p.m.
- Eligible candidates will then be put to a vote of the students of the Faculty of Science & Engineering.
- Monday November 6th, 9 a.m. Nominations open
- Friday November 10th, 12 p.m. Nominations close
- Friday November 10th, 12 p.m. Candidates Meeting
- Monday November 13th, 9 a.m. Campaigning Starts
- Friday November 17th, 5 p.m. Campaigning Ends
- Monday November 20th, 9 a.m. Polling Station Opens
- Monday November 20th, 6 p.m. Polling Station Closes
- Monday November 20th, 6:30 p.m. Count starts.